I absolutely love cheese fondue! It had been awhile since making it, but I had a friend from Chico, CA come and visit and we had some! It was delicious!!! I love to have apples, and white wine of course!! Or red, whatever you prefer! Red goes well with the chocolate fondue also!
We also had broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans, which were not a favorite of mine. I much preferred the broccoli and cauliflower. I also roasted some garlic, and had bread squares for dipping.
Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 TBLS Corn Starch
- 1 1/2 Cup of Emmantheur
- 1 1/2 Cup of Grueye
- Salt and Pepper.
- Put white wine and cornstarch in a small container, with tight lid, and shake, set aside for later.
- Grate cheese, however you like, small or large, set aside.
- Prepare vegetables, crudites, bread, and fruit for dipping. Suggestions, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, roasted garlic, apples (we like Fuji for fondue) and anything that sounds good to you. Squeeze lemon on apples to prevent them from browning.
- Prepare fresh french bread, by cutting into smaller pieces such as large crouton size. Sourdough or regular french, any bread with a good crust. You can serve the bread cold or hot.
- Put white wine and corn starch mixture together and saute in a saucepan until almost boiling.
- Add cheese, and continually stir, until all the cheese is mixed and melted.
- Put in Fondue pot and light the candle and you are ready to serve Fondue!